My home does not need a BER - can I get one done anyway?

BER assessments do not currently apply to existing homes. SEI is accepting and processing all mandatory BER assessments for new dwellings through the National Administration System (NAS). Any registered BER assessor wishing to submit a voluntary BER for a new dwelling is also welcome to do so provided that: - The dwelling is rated off plans (as constructed drawings and specifications) and the rating is not based on a survey - The dwelling has not yet been occupied.